Around the talc deposit Shabry
Duration: 1-2 days
- Visiting picturesque deserted talc quarry “the Old lens” with step walls and beautiful waterfalls. Picking up of samples of beautiful green talc, black tourmaline, actinolite, dolomite, quartz, hematite, breunnerite, feldspar, apatite, chlorite, rutile (sagenite).
- Concentrating factory.
- Picking up of samples of black tourmaline, talc, dolomite, actinolite, chalcedony, rodingite etc. in new talc quarry.
- Andreevskie old gold placers gold.
- “Hematite” mountain and old quarries, where gold was mined. Picking up of samples of hematite, talc etc.
- Kamenskij chromite mine, where time fuchsite was discovered for the first. Picking up of samples of fuchsite, chromburgerite with “alexandrite” effect etc.
- Corundum mine of Spankov-Kler. Here there is possibility to go down in old mines. Picking up of samples of corundum, dravite (brown tourmaline), clinochlore, diaspore, sericite, actinolite etc.
- Malo Sidelnikovskoe deposit of rhodonite. Picking up of samples of rhodonite, spessartine, tefroite etc.
Rhodonite is a typical Ural mineral. Its deposits are discovered both in our country and in other regions: America, Australia, and Europe. But there are no rhodonites equal to the Ural ones because of their colors, rich tones and variety of black and decorative patterns. Rhodonite is equally beautiful both in monumental works (metro station “Mayakovskaya” in Moscow) and in small goods.
Beautiful rhodonite vases are considered to be very good decorations of any interior. Among the monumental rhodonite products, except for vases, cups, candelabrums, there is a unique sarcophagus for the Peter and Paul cathedral and the whole complex of goods for an interior of Voskresenskij temple in Saint-Petersburg. Sarcophagus of the Peter and Paul cathedral is the largest in the world a product from rhodonite. For it has been used chunk of phodonite, extracted in Malo-Sidelnikovskoe deposit in 1858. The weight of this block was 2850 poods, or 45,6 tons.