Program of the tour
During the tour it is possible to visit following objects:
The Kvartalnoye deposit of rare metal pegmatites is situated in the southern part of emerald-bearing seam and beds near the eastern contact of the Aduiskii granite massif.
Deposit “Lipoviy Log”
The deposit “Lipoviy Log” was discovered while prospecting beryllium in 1944. The deposit is situated within the metamorphic thickness 550 - 600 km from the contact of Aduiskii massif granites. Pegmatite veins of this deposit contain the following minerals - microcline, albite, quartz, muscovite, columbite, beryl and garnet.
The Yuzhno-Shameiskoye deposit of molybdenum was discovered while prospecting works in 1964-1967 and now it is the first industrial object in the Urals with great resources of molybdenum (50 – 60 thousand tons) with average content 0.06-0.08%.
The Mariinskoye (Malyshevskoye) deposit belongs to a group of deposits named the Ural Emerald Mines. Here it is possible to found out beryl (emerald), phenakite, chrysoberyl (alexandrite), topaz, molybdenite, fuchsite, apatite and other minerals.
The Sretenskoye deposit of emeralds became famous when M. S. Kozhevhikov discovered the first Russian emeralds here in December 1830. The first extracting period of this deposit was characterized by the mining of emerald-bearing sockets and prospecting works on occasional outcrops of emerald bodies. Prospecting teams (“artel” – in Russian), diggers and Anglo-French company were all working deposits there. State works on the deposit were carried out from 1936 to 1940 and from 1969 to 1981.
It is possible to find following minerals in the Krasnoarmeiskoye deposit -phlogopite, plagioclase, talc, chlorite, quartz, actinolite, emerald, molybdenite, albite, microcline, muscovite, columbite and garnet.
The Krasnobolotnoye deposit was discovered while developing the Emerald Mines and is known from 1839. (as A. Y. Fersman put it). Afterwards, except for the period between 1878-1882, Krasnobolotniy mine was abandoned because of the lack of emeralds but A. Y. Fersman (1920) says, that while the Anglo-French company was renting Krasnobolotniy mine, it was the centre for diggers who were secretly extracting emeralds and alexandrites and then selling them in Ekaterinburg. The deposit was worked out systematically to a depth of 20 metres but mainly 4 - 6 metres. The Krasnobolotnoye deposit is known for its beautiful alexandrites - in 1839 (the year of discovery) the biggest alexandrites in Russia, that impressed all scientists of that time, were extracted there.