Dogsledding across Baikal (short variant)
Duration - 4 days
Program of tour:
Meeting and assistance at the Irkutsk airport/ railway station.
Transfer to the settlement Listvyanka, located on Lake Baikal shore.
Accommodation in Baikal Terema Hotel (double rooms).
Lunch - free
Theoretical introduction to dog sledding.
Excursion to the dogs’ farm where you meet the dogs and learn the technique of operating the sleds. Personal equipment and gear fitting.
Dinner – free. (B)
After breakfast load your belongings on a snowmobile sled and START your trans-Baikal dog sledding trip (40 km) across the frozen lake.
From the start the dogs will pull your sled with all their might. So you’ll have to be very accurate to stay on sled the first half an hour. After a while the dogs get tired and slow down. This is the time when you can look around and make some pictures.)
Lunch – on the way.
In the afternoon you’ll reach the Eastern side of the lake opposite Tankhoy village. The dogs and our guides will camp on the ice and the tourists will spend this night in a visit center.
After breakfast in the visit center you’ll come back to the dogs’ camp, pack up your things, load them on the sled and set off back in the direction of Listvyanka village following your old snowmobile track (40 km).
Lunch on ice in the middle of the Lake.
On arrival - accommodation in Baikal Terema hotel. Sauna.
Dinner – free.
Breakfast in hotel
Transfer to Irkutsk for your flight.
1. Please, note that the check in hour is 12-00. In case of the early arrival you might have to wait at the reception for the check-in hours.
2. Before purchasing the tour please inquire for details and climate conditions.
3. Average day temperatures -5C in March and -25C in January.
4. It’s required that customers have their warm clothes, jackets, boots, mittens and hats as well as sun cream.
5. Equipment and gear: a dogsled with 4-6 dogs depending on your weight and skill, snowmobile assistance, warm parkas.
6. Group size – maximum 4 pax.
7. The standard program can be optimized to your request.
8. Falls are possible.
• Ground transportation as described in the itinerary;
• All accommodations in double rooms as
described in the itinerary in Listvyanka and Visit center;
• Meals as noted in the itinerary (BLD);
• Dog sleds rent;
• Snowmobile assistance;
• Russian sauna as noted in the itinerary;
• All excursions entrance fees and visits as described in the itinerary;
• Bilingual local guide throughout your stay.
If you are interested in taking part in this tour, please write us or just click here.